THE ROASTING PARTY
1. Purpose of the policy
about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data
Protection Act [1998 or 2018] and any other national implementing laws, regulations and
secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time in the UK.
Please take time to read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal
data and how we will treat it.
2. About us
The Roasting Party provides coffees of differing blends and formats (ground or beans), drinking chocolate and coffee making equipment. We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under number: 8406121 and our registered office is at Unit 4, Sun Valley Business Park, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 0LB.
The Roasting Party is a data controller that determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this policy notice.
We have appointed an Information Security Officer who is our Data Protection Point of Contact and is responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data. Should you wish to contact the Information Security Officer, you can do so using the contact details outlined below.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Data
We obtain personal data about you when you engage with us to enquire about our products and services through the website, email, telephone, post or engage with us at events.
4. The Kind of Information We Hold About You Depending Your Engagement with Us
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as your name and address)
- your business name and address
- your email address
- your contact number
- Your financial details in so far as is relevant to your instructions.
5. Why Do We Collect This Personal Information
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our business where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer.
We may use your personal data to:
- Improve our products and services
- We may send promotional emails notifying you of new products or other information using the email address you have supplied to us
- Pass on to our delivery services – DPD, TNT – to ensure delivery of our products. This will only be carried out with your permission and comprises your name, delivery address and contact phone number.
- Regulatory authorities, including tax authorities
- Law enforcement agencies, courts and other relevant tribunals.
6. Who Might We Share Your Information With
As outlined in the ‘Why Do We Collect This Personal Information’ we may share your personal information with:
- Selected associated third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services including deliveries and supplies.
7. Transferring Personal Data Outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
Unless there is an adequacy decision by the European Commission in relation to these countries therefore they will be deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation.
Unless you have given your consent that your Personal Data is transferred.
8. Retention of Your Personal Information
The period for which we will retain your personal information will be for a maximum of 7 years after the end of our relationship with you, unless you instruct us to remove such data from our records.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. When your data is no longer required we will delete, anonymise or destroy it.
9. Data Security
10. Your Rights
Where processing of your personal data is based upon consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights towards your personal data, which you can exercise at any point:
- The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data
- The right to request that we rectify or correct any mistakes in your personal data
- The right to require us to delete your personal data in certain situations
- The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data – in certain circumstances e.g. if you contests the accuracy of the data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights then please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Unit 4, Sun Valley Business Park, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 0LB, giving us sufficient information to identify you.
12. Contact Us
You may also write to us at:
The Roasting Party, Unit 4, Sun Valley Business Park, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 0LB